A tough, fully guided tour, available from mid June to mid September, starting/ending in Bucharest, on Saturday, with 6 days of mountain biking in Lotrului, Cindrel, Fagaras, Bucegi, Piatra Craiului and Postavaru mountain areas, situated in 2 historic regions (Walachia and Transylvania) of southern and center Romania.
Ride on single tracks, gravel and tarmac roads, with medium and steep slopes, difficult and technical sections, between 50 and 100 km/day, ascending up to 1700m/day, reaching a maximum altitude of 2505m, with vehicle support when possible.
We’ll visit Bucharest city, 2 of Transylvania’s fortified towns (Sibiu and Brasov), Bran Castle, Peles Castle and Rasnov Peasant Fortress.
Customizable features: starting / ending place, according to your flight / train connections, length of the trip, number of cycling days, length of the rides – wherever possible, accommodation level, meals included and the cultural highlights. And wherever else you might think of, if possible to be done!
For details please contact us!
- Arrive in Bucharest, at Henri Coanda Airport. Meet your professional English speaking tour guide and drive to the center. Check in.
- Bucharest sight seeing tour, ended with a walk in the old part of the city.
- Welcome dinner at Caru cu Bere restaurant and brewery, opened in 1879.
- Accommodation at Hotel Opera*** or similar.
- 240 km drive to Voineasa, on Lotru valley.
- Cycle from Voineasa (650m) to Obarsia Lotrului (1350m)
- Accommodation in Obarsia Lotrului, at Pensiunea Bradul**.
- Cycle up to 45 km, 900m up, 200m down, mostly on gravel roads.
- Cycle from Obarsia Lotrului (1350m), over Tartarau pass (1678m), to Tartarau Hut, continue on Frunoasa valley, climb Steflesti pass (1750m), go on Sadu valley, climb to Paltinis resort (1400m) and finish the ride at Curmatura Stezii Hut (680m).
- 20 km drive or continue to cycle to Sibiu, check in.
- Evening walking tour through the old part of the town.
- Accommodation at Hotel Imparatul Romanilor***.
- Cycle up to 100 km, 1000m up, 150m down, mostly on gravel roads.
- 40 km drive to Cartisoara
- Cycle from Cartisoara (500m) up, on Transfagarasan mountain road, to Balea Lake (2030m). Descend to Vidraru Reservoir and continue towards Curtea de Arges (450m).
- Accommodation in Curtea de Arges town, at Hotel Posada***.
- Cycle up to 120 km, 1450m up, 1700m down, mostly on tarmac roads.
- 75 km drive to Podu Dambovitei.
- Cycle in a mountain area situated between Piatra Craiului and Bucegi mountains, from Podu Dambovitei (850m) up through Dambovicioarei Gorges and Brusturetului Gorges, reaching a maximum altitude of about 1550m, on Coja Peak. Descend to Pestera village and continue all the way to Bran (800m).
- Accommodation in Bran area, at Cheile Gradistei complex*** or similar.
- Cycle up to 50 km, 700m up, 750m down, mostly on gravel roads.
- Visit the famous 14th century Bran Castle.
- Short drive to Rasnov. Visit the 13th century Rasnov Peasant Fortress.
- Cycle from Rasnov (750m) to Poiana Brasov and further up to Postavaru hut (1590m). Descend back to Poiana Brasov, ending the day in Brasov city (600m).
- Accommodation in Brasov, at Hotel Brasovul Vechi***.
- Evening walking tour of the old central area.
- Cycle up to 50 km, 850m up, 1000m down, mostly on tarmac roads
- 60 km drive to Sinaia.
- Cycle on Bucegi Massif, from Sinaia (800m) up to Babele and the Sfinx rock formations and hut (2200m) and continue all the way to Omu Summit (2505m) and hut. Return to Sinaia in the afternoon. Check in. Enjoy a farewell dinner at Taverna Sarbului restaurant.
- Accommodation in Sinaia resort, at Hotel Anda**** or similar.
- Cycle up to 50 km, 1700m up, 1700m down, mostly on gravel roads.
- Visit Peles Castle, former royal summer residence.
- 100 km drive to Henri Coanda Airport for your returning flight.
Feel like racing against others? Or challenging yourself in an outdoor competition?
Check the events listed on SportsPlanner website and start or end your trip to Romania with one of the races!
- transport with a climate control, fully insured vehicle
- luggage transfers while cycling
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotels
- 12 meals: 7 continental breakfasts, 4 picnic lunches, 2 rich dinners
- entrance fees
- guide’s and driver’s expenses
- flights to and from Romania
- bicycles, which can be rent from Bucharest for about 10 euros / day
- alcoholic drinks
- photo and video fees