A moderate – tough, fully guided tour, starting / ending in Bucharest, on Saturday, with 6 days of mountain biking in Calimani, Obcinile Bucovinei, Suhard, Rarau and Giumalau mountain areas, situated in the northern part of Romania, in the historic region of Bukovina.
Ride without vehicle support on single tracks, gravel and tarmac roads, with medium and steep slopes, difficult and technical sections, between 40 and 120 km/day, ascending up to 1700m/day, reaching a maximum altitude of 2000m, in Calimani Mountains.
Visit Bucharest city and 2 of Bukovina’s painted monasteries(Moldovita and Voronet).
Customizable features: starting / ending place, according to your flight / train connections, length of the trip, number of cycling days, length of the rides wherever possible, accommodation, meals included and cultural highlights. And wherever else you might think of, if possible to be done!
For details please contact us!
- Arrive in Bucharest, at Henri Coanda Airport. Meet your English speaking tour guide and drive to the center, for a sightseeing tour of the Romanian capital. Continue with a walk in the oldest part of city. Welcome dinner at Caru cu Bere restaurant.
- Drive to the train station to take the night train, first class sleeping car to Campulung Moldovenesc.
- Transfer to your accomodation, have breakfast and later drive to Voronet village. Visit the late 15th century monastery
- Cycle to Manastirea Humorului village and further, over Poiana Marului Pass (1125m), to Sucevita village. Continue, over Ciumarna Pass (1109m), to Vatra Moldovitei village. Follow Moldovita river valley ending the ride back in Voronet. 45 km drive to Campulung Moldovenesc.
- Accommodation in Campulung, in a youth hostel style house, for the next 5 nights.
- Cycle about 100 km, 1000m up, 1000m down.
- Ride from Campulung to Sadova village, descend to Moldova river valley, go over Obcina Feredeului (1200m), descend to Moldovita river valley, stop to visit the early 16th century Moldovita Monastery and continue, over Pascanu Pass (1040m), to Campulung.
- Cycle about 75 km, 900m up, 900m down.
- Transfer to Saru Dornei. Cycle to Bilbor, over Bursucariei Pass (1360m), continue to Toplita, climb to Retitis Meteo Station (2020m), up in Calimani Mountains. Descend to Gura Haitii, ending the ride back in Saru Dornei. Drive to Campulung.
- Cycle about 120 km, 1700m up, 1700m down.
- Drive to Vatra Dornei. Cycle in Suhard Mountains, following the main ridge to Omu Peak (1932m) and further, to Rotunda Pass. Return to Vatra Dornei following the beautiful Bistrita river valley. Transfer back to Campulung.
- Cycle about 100 km, 1200m up, 1200m down.
- Transfer to Valea Putnei village. Cycle to Mestecanis Pass (1096m) and continue towards Giumalau Summit (1856m) and further, on its northern ridge, all the way back to Valea Putnei village. Return to Campulung.
- Cycle about 70 km, 1300m up, 1300m down.
- Cycle up to Rarau Summit (1651m). Ride on, towards Slatioara virgin forest, down to Slatioara village, up again over Prihodiste Pass (900m), ending the day back in Campulung. Take a shower, get ready for a farewell dinner.
- Take the night train, first class sleeping car to Bucharest
- Cycle about 60 km, 1200m up, 1200m down.
- Early morning transfer to Henri Coanda airport for your flight back home or stay in Bucharest for another day.
Feel like racing against others? Or challenging yourself in an outdoor competition?
Check the events listed on SportsPlanner website and start or end your trip to Romania with one of the races!
- the train tikets, from Bucharest to Campulung Moldovenesc in the day of arrival and from Campulung Moldovenesc to Bucharest in the day of departure
- 5 night accommodation in a private home, youth hostel style.
- 15 meals: 7 continental breakfasts, 6 picnic lunches, 2 rich dinners
- driver’s – guide expenses
- transport with a climate control, fully insured vehicle
- entrance fees
- flights to and from Romania
- other meals that the mentioned ones
- alcoholic drinks
- photo and video fees