A moderate – tough, fully guided tour, available from mid June to late October, starting / ending in Bucharest, on Saturday, with 6 days of hiking in 4 different mountain areas (Ciucas, Postavaru, Piatra Craiului and Bucegi), situated in 2 historic regions (Walachia and Transylvania) of southern and center Romania.
Walk on marked trails, with medium and steep slopes, between 2 and 8 hours/day, ascending / descending up to 1600m/day, reaching a maximum altitude of 2505m, on Omu Summit, in Bucegi Mountains.
We’ll visit Bucharest city, Brasov, one of the fortified towns of Transylvania, Prejmer Fortified Church, Rasnov Peasant Fortress, Bran Castle and Peles Castle.
Customizable features: starting / ending place – according to your flight / train connections, length of the trip, number of hiking days, length of the hikes – wherever possible, accommodation, meals included and the cultural highlights. And wherever else you might think of, if possible to be done!
For details please contact us!
- Arrive in Bucharest, at Henri Coanda airport. Meet your English speaking tour guide and drive to the center for a sightseeing tour.
- 120km drive to Cheia for checking in and a welcome dinner.
- Accommodation in Cheia resort, at Hotel Cheia**.
- Short drive to Muntele Rosu Hut.
- Hike in Ciucas Massif: start at M. Rosu Hut (1260m), go up to Ciucas Peak (1954m) and descend to Bratocea Pass (1263m).
- Short drive to Brasov city.
- Accommodation in Brasov, at Hotel Coroana Brasovului*** or similar, for 2 nights.
- Walk 5 – 6 hours, approx. 700m up, 700m down.
- Morning walking tour of Brasov, including the fortifications with the guilds towers, the Lutheran 14th century Black Church and the history museum, hosted by the early 15th century town hall.
- Hike from Brasov (600m) up to Postavaru Summit (1799m) and descend to Timis valley in the afternoon. Short drive back to Brasov.
- Walk 6 – 7 hours, approx. 1350m up, 1250m down.
- Short drive to Rasnov. Visit the 13th century Rasnov Fortress. Continue towards Bran. Visit the famous 13th century Bran Castle. Drive to Zarnesti.
- Hike in Piatra Craiului Massif: from Zarnesti (720m) up to Curmatura Hut (1470m). Optional ascend to Piatra Mica Peak (1816m).
- Accommodation at Cumatura Mountain Hut*.
- Walk 3 – 4 hours, approx. 750m up
- Hike from Curmatura (1470) to the northern part of Piatra Craiului ridge, up to La Om summit (2238 m). Descend, through Prapastiile Zarnestilor gorges, back to Zarnesti (720m).
- Short drive to Bran resort.
- Accommodation in Bran area, at Cheile Gradistei*** or similar.
- Walk 8 – 9 hours, approx. 1100m up, 1500m down.
- Start hiking in Bucegi Mountains: from Bran (750m) go up to Omu Summit (2505m) and hut and continue towards Babele and the Sphinx rock formations and hut (2200m).
- Accommodation at Babele Hut*.
- Walk 7 – 8 hours, approx. 1600m up, 300m down.
- Continue to hike on Bucegi Mountains high plateau: from Babele (2200m), go to Cota 2000 and descend to Cota 1400 Hotel, overlooking Sinaia resort.
- Short drive to Sinaia. Check in and later enjoy a farewell dinner at Taverna Sarbului restaurant.
- Accommodation in Sinaia, at Hotel Anda**** or similar.
- Walk 4 – 5 hours, approx. 100m up, 900m down.
- Visit Peles Castle, former royal summer residence.
- 100 km drive to Henri Coanda Airport for your returning flight.
Feel like racing against others? Or challenging yourself in an outdoor competition?
Check the events listed on SportsPlanner website and start or end your trip to Romania with one of the races!
- transport and luggage transfers while hiking
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 and 4 star hotels and in 1 star mountain huts
- 14 meals: 7 continental breakfasts, 5 picnic lunches, 2 rich dinners
- entrance fees
- guide’s and driver’s expenses
- flights to and from Romania
- alcoholic drinks
- photo and video fees