Customizable features: starting / ending place – according to your flight / train connections, number of hiking days, meals included and the cultural highlights. And wherever else you might think of, if possible to be done!
For details please contact us!
- Arrive in Bucharest or one of the other international airports (Cluj, Sibiu, Targu Mures).
- Transfer to Odorheiu Secuiesc (4 hours from Bucharest).
- Accommodation in Odorheiu Secuiesc, at Horizont B&B, *** or similar.
- 1 hour transfer to Harghita Bai.
- Hike in Harghita Mountains: from Harghita resort (1350m) ascend to Harghita Madaras Summit (1800m) and descend to Madaras village (700m).
- Transfer to Balan for accommodation and dinner.
- Accommodation in Balan, at Meridian B&B, ***.
- Walk 7 – 8 hours, approx 450m up, 1100m down.
- Hike in Hasmas Mountains: start in Balan (875m), pass the spectacular Lonely Stone, reach Hasmasu Mare Peak (1792m) and descend to Lacu Rosu (970m).
- Accommodation in Lacu Rosu resort, at Hotel Lacu Rosu, ***.
- Walk 7 – 8 hours, approx. 1100m up, 1000m down.
- 1 hour drive to Izvoru Muntelui Hut.
- Hike in Ceahlau Massif: from Izvoru Muntelui (800m) go up to Dochia Hut, climb Toaca Peak (1900m) and descend in Durau resort (780m).
- Accommodation in Durau, at Hotel Bistrita, *** or similar.
- Walk 6 – 7 hours, approx. 1200m up, 1200m down.
- 1 ½ hour drive to Chiril village, following the beautiful Bistrita valley.
- Hike in Rarau Massif: start in Chiril (750m), go up to Rarau Summit (1650m) and descend in Campulung Moldovenesc (650m).
- Accommodation for 2 nights in Campulung Moldovenesc, at Hotel Eden, *** or similar.
- Walk 5 – 6 hours, approx. 900m up, 1000m down.
- Resting day. Optional tour of the 16 century painted monasteries, UNESCO sites (Moldovita, Sucevita, Voronet).
- 2 hours transfer to Gura Haitii village and further up, to Negoiu saddle (1900m).
- Climb Pietrosul Summit (2100m), walk towards Pietrele Rosii (1700m) and the 12
- Apostles formations, descending to Neagra Sarului (950m) in the afternoon.
- Drive to Vatra Dornei for accommodation and dinner.
- Accommodation at Hotel Carol, *** or similar
- Walk 7 – 8 hours, approx. 300m up, 1250m down.
- 1 ½ hour transfer to Rotunda Pass.
- Walk in Rodna Mountains, from the pass (1270m) up, to Ineu Peak (2279m), the second highest in Rodna. Descend to Prislop Pass (1416m) for overnight and dinner.
- Walk 7 – 8 hours, approx 1200m up, 1000m down
- Go back tn the ridge from Prislop Pass and continue, up to Pietrosu Rodnei.
- (2303m). Descend to Borsa (670m) in the evening, for accommodation and dinner.
- Accommodation at Nord Hotel, *** or similar.
- Transfer to Cluj in the morning and, if necessary, further on, according to your needs.
- Accommodation in Cluj, upon request.
Feel like racing against others? Or challenging yourself in an outdoor competition?
Check the events listed on SportsPlanner website and start or end your trip to Romania with one of the races!
- transport and luggage transfers while hiking
- 14 nights accommodation
- 14 continental breakfasts, 10 picnic lunches, 5 rich dinners
- entrance fees
- guide’s and driver’s expenses
- flights to and from Romania
- alcoholic drinks
- photo and video fees